Although protein bars are able to fuel your energy levels before and after workouts immediately, buying them from a store doesn't come cheap. Also, some of the available store-bought protein bars happen to contain artificial ingredients and harmful sugars that tend to do your body more harm than good. There's no need for you to consume protein bars that aren't benefiting your body.
So, what is one to do if they want to save money as well as not consume protein bars that aren't good for them? Fortunately, homemade protein bar recipes exist. The best part is that these bars won't contain any artificial junk and are made of nuts, nut butter, and protein powder. If you're interested in enjoying homemade protein bars here are the top 3 recipes you can try out.
Feel free to consume these bars every morning or evening to have a protein-rich balanced diet.
- Chubby Hubby Protein Bar
You can think of this protein bar as a dessert that comes with the added benefit of not making you spend a lot of time in preparing it. As mentioned in the recipe you will be using pretzels. So, these bars have an extra salty taste that's delicious.
- 1/2 cup PB2
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 10 packets Stevia
- 2/3 cup Oat Flour
- 4 scoops Herbalife Formula #1Vanilla
- 4 scoops Herbalife Protein Drink Mix Vanilla
- 1 cup Chopped Pretzels
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Line parchment paper on a brownie pan
- Add peanut butter, almond milk, salt, and stevia extract in a mixer with a beater attached to it. Mix it slowly.
- Mix the oat flour and protein powder in a small bowl and gradually add it to the stand mixer
- Now Increase the speed of the mixer to medium. Ensure you don't exceed running the electric mixer for more than a couple of seconds. After that, you can go ahead and switch it back to slow
- Turn off the mixer and add some pretzels and chocolate. Switch on the mixer again; set it on low and mix.
- Make sure pretzels are not entirely crushed
- Scoop the dough into a pan and flatten up its surface
- Loosely cover it up with a plastic wrap
- Refrigerate overnight
- Slice it up in the shape you want and serve according to how much and when you want to consume the bars
- Blueberry Bliss Breakfast Bar
These are protein-rich, no-bake, vegan, gluten-free; naturally sweetened breakfast bars that make you feel full without you having to worry about a high-calorie intake.
- 1 + ½ cups 100% pure rolled oats certified Gluten Free
- ¾ cup whole almonds
- Heaping ½ cup dried blueberries
- ½ cup pistachios
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup almond butter
- Line an 8 * 8 baking pan with parchment (both ways)
- Mix all eight ingredients (that have been mentioned above) in an appropriately sized bowl
- Add maple syrup or honey and apple sauce and mix them up
- Add almond butter to this mixture
- Place batter in the pan pressing down with your hands to distribute the mixture evenly across the pan
- Freeze it for approximately 1 hour
- Take it out of the freezer and cut in the shape you wish
- Strawberry Protein Bars
While the color pink might not exude a feeling of power for some people, don't be fooled by it. These pink colored bars contain ample amount of proteins for your needs. They are best to make when strawberries are in season. You can eat a chilled fruit bar right after your workout session to meet your fitness goals.
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of strawberry whey and casein protein powder
- 1/4 milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Dark chocolate (40g)
- Two strawberries (they need to be sliced in half)
- Blend all the ingredients listed above in a blender
- Shape the dough into whatever shape you want i.e. Bars
- Melt squares of dark chocolate (40g) and dip the bars in the chocolate
- Put the chocolate dipped bars on a tray that you've lined with aluminum foil
- Add strawberry topping on each bar
- Freeze the bars for a few hours
Go ahead and try these best 3 recipes for natural homemade protein bars. See which one is your favorite.