Vegetable quiche recipe
- 500g flour
- 250g soft butter
- pinch salt
- 20 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml water
- Mix flour, butter and salt together for 8 minutes until crumble texture achieved – you can also alternatively use a food processor.
- Then bind together with water – mix well until pastry is formed. Tip - you want to achieve a pastry that is soft and easy to roll add a little more water than necessary, the more you mix the more the flour will soak up the fluids.
- Take pastry out of bowl, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Always use flour when rolling your pastry out. A little flour will make sure that it doesn’t stick to rolling pin and will give you the ability to easily roll then cut to shape required.
- 1 Courgette – sliced
- 1 Onions - finely sliced
- 1 Pepper (capsicum) - finely sliced
- 150g Cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp thick cream / cottage cheese healthier option.
- 5 eggs whole raw.
- 1/2 cup mushrooms – sliced
- Turn oven on 150c.
- Take pastry out and roll tart base, you can use a large tart dish or individual if needed, make sure the inside is lightly greased before rolling and shaping pastry. Roll, and cut to size using a little flour on the bench and rolling pin.
- Blind bake for 5 minutes ( cook without filling) on 150c, then take out of oven and place filling inside.
- First the vegetables, then cheese finish with eggs and cream then mix all together.
- Once tart is ready, place inside oven and bake for a further 30 minutes on 170 c