Strawberries hold nutrients like vitamin C, iodine and manganese. Strawberry smoothies are very good source of dietary fibre. Mangos are a high source of vitamin E, this can help reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular illness.
Mango is also rich in magnesium, calcium and carotene, which is very good for the skin and vision.
It's easy to make all you need is a blender or food processor. The ingredients are easy to find and inexpensive; recipe serves 2 people.
- 10 Large strawberries, 100kcal
- 1 Ripe Mango, 70kcal
- 3/4 Cup Ice
- 1/2 Cup plain Yoghurt ,90kcal
- 2 Tables Spoons honey, 120Kcal
- 150 ml milk (normal or soya), 78kcal
- First rinse all fruit, then cut strawberries in half and place into bowl. Take mango out of skin either peal skin off fruit or slice in half and then cut into 3cm diced cubes.
- Place ice then strawberries & mango into blender , add yoghurt, honey and milk.
- Blend until smooth
- Place into glass and serve