Although using the proper cleansers and moisturizers for your skin type can help you keep your face and body silky smooth, truly healthy skin comes from the inside out. Therefore, the key to having an outer covering that is glowing and blemish free is choosing foods that nourish the very cells that make up all of your layers of skin.
Here are a few menu options that can help you look younger and more beautiful than you already do:
- Walnuts. This particular food benefits you a couple of ways. First, the Omega-3 fatty acid it contains helps your skin retain its flexible qualities. Second, the copper in these specific nuts increases your body’s collagen levels, which is one hormone essential to good skin.
- Kidney beans. If you suffer from a lot of blemishes, it is possible that you are low in zinc. One cup of kidney beans contains 12% of your Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA), so adding them to your diet regularly can result in clearer skin.
- Dark chocolate. Not only does this sinfully delicious treat contain heart healthy flavonoids, but the small amount of caffeine that it has will also help reduce any facial puffiness that you may have. It also has 22% of your RDA in zinc, so you can eat an ounce a day without guilt because it offers so many health benefits to your body.
- Greek yogurt. Eating foods higher in protein, like Greek yogurt, keeps your skin taut and toned. Whether you enjoy a cup for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack doesn’t matter as your skin will benefit just the same
- Peppers. Crunch on some green and yellow peppers and you’ll notice less pronounced crow’s feet. Add some orange ones to the mix and you’ll reduce your sensitivity to the potentially damaging rays of the sun.
- Sunflower Seeds. Speaking of the sun, the vitamin E in these super healthy seeds helps protect you from its rays too. Mix them into your Greek yogurt for a double skin boosting effect.
Add foods like these to your diet and you will enjoy healthy, glowing skin – layer after layer.