Although some health experts would like you to believe that you have to hire them in order to live a life of health and wellness, there are a number of things you can do yourself at home to improve your overall health. In fact, here are just a few of them:
• Eat naturally. This means eating foods that are as close to their natural state as possible (think lean meats, fruits, veggies, beans and nuts). The fewer processed foods you consume (like chips, cookies, boxed meals and frozen dinners), the healthier you will be.
• Drink a lot of water. Now, this doesn’t mean that any old beverage counts in your recommended 6-9 glasses a day as not all drinks are created equal. If you want to enjoy maximum health, you’ll want to stick mainly to good old fashioned water. (You can add some fruit slices to it if you want to add without hindering its positive effects.)
• Stay active. Not only should you engage in a regular fitness program, but you’ll also do your body a lot of good when you stay physical throughout the day. If you have a job that involves a lot of sitting, for example, get up often and go for a mini walk or do stretches to keep your muscles and joints limber and in shape.
• Wash your hands often. Most germs are spread from one person to the next by your hands (whether through personal contact or by touching something that an infected person touched). So, you’ll be able to avoid a lot of illnesses simply by washing your hands often.
• Stay positive. Your body will go where your mind directs it to. So, if you want to enjoy a long, healthy life, think pleasant, healthy thoughts. Create a mantra that says, “I am healthy. I am strong. I am happy.” Say it often.
Incorporate these tips into your life and you’ll increase your health and wellness tremendously – no expert help needed!