- 1 Broccoli big floret 300 g- remove stalk
- 1 Cucumber – diced and peeled
- 3 Potatoes – medium diced (small)
- 300ml veg stock
- 100ml milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion diced
- Place veg stock and add all the vegetables (not cucumber), turn on full heat and cook for 15 minutes
- Add salt & pepper, and milk cook for a further 2 minutes and keep stirring
- Finally add cucumber . Blend together and serve.
I mostly use potatoes to thicken my soups. The reason is simple, as many people today have allergies from ingredients like flour, I try to use alternatives in my recipes as much as possible. Other root vegetables like carrot, potato, swede or pumpkin are ideal for thickening soups, as most of these vegetables have a high starch content.