Recipe for this spinach and cottage cheese flat bread is easy to prepare.
First make the flat bread dough mix
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 30 ml olive oil
- sugar, salt and mixed herbs pinch of each
- 5 g yeast
- 50ml tepid water ( slightly warm to activate the yeast)
- 100g frozen spinach - de-frozen
- 70g cottage cheese- drain from fluid
- 3 sun dried tomato chopped
Energy packed lunch with added bonus of added nutrients such like iron, vitamin A.
- Turn oven on 200 C, Combine all the bread ingredients together using hands or food mixer, if you dough is to wet use a little flour on your hands to stop it sticking. Prove in warm area for 20 minutes
- Mix spinach, cottage cheese and tomato in a bowl mix and add herbs
- Take dough and roll balls with hands then roll out with rolling pin , place on tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.