York Fitness Balance Board
The York Fitness Balance Board helps improve abdominal muscles and core strength
Develops balance and posture
Durable plastic construction
Large surface area for comfortable foot placement (Diameter 35cm)
Perfect for home training and rehabilitation exercises.
York Fitness Unisex Balance Wobble Board
The York Fitness balance board helps develop your core strength, balance, posture and coordination. This highly functional piece of home fitness equipment is made from durable plastic and features a wide35 cm diameter surface. Balance or "wobble board" exercises are often used by physio's, chiropractors when looking to strengthen or develop specific muscles. Especially useful in rehabilitation exercises can be pitched at the beginner through to advanced users.
Simply closing your eyes can make all these exercises more difficult!
Beginner exercise examples:
1. Stand with both feet on the board and simply hold the board steady and balanced for 30 seconds without the edges touching the floor.
2. Keep the same position as above but carefully control the board so that each side is allowed to touch the floor in a controlled fashion to the left and to the right. Repeat for 1 minute.
3. Slowly and in a controlled smooth fashion tip the board to the front and the back allowing to touch the floor.
Intermediate exercise examples:
4. Place one foot in the middle of the board and repeat exercise no 2. The other foot can be placed on the floor behind you to help with balance. Exercise for 1 minute and repeat with the other foot.
5. As before but with one foot only.
6. Standing on one foot again touch the front, the side, the back and the other side in a clockwise direction for 1 minute. Repeat in an anticlockwise direction and then repeat with the other foot.
Advanced exercise examples:
7. Lie in the press up position with your toes on the floor and your forearms on the wobble board. Tuck your pelvis as before and make sure your body is straight. Alternatively raise your right and left leg and hold for 15 seconds. Repeat at least twice.
8. Stand with one foot on the middle of the board and place the toe of the other foot on the floor behind with the leg extended. Bend your front leg so the knee is flexed to 90o. Repeat 8 times and change legs. Keep your body upright our hands at your sides.
9. Turn onto your back and place your forearms on the board and your heels on the floor. Repeat the alternative leg lifting using the same time periods as before. You can also bend your knees and swing your raised leg. From side to side.
Regular price £24.99