The Best Advice We’ve Ever Heard About Diet
Have you ever noticed that, when it comes to diet, most everyone is willing to their advice? They’ll tell you what to eat, what not to eat, how much to eat, and even how to eat. Sadly, a lot of it is based on their own opinions, which means that it isn’t supported by fact—or effective.
However, if you’re looking for proven advice, which makes it the best ever, here is some diet advice for you:
- If you’re going to eat, just eat. Don’t do anything else.
- Don’t swear any foods off limits. To do so just encourages binges.
- Do watch your portion sizes. Eat more than you need and you’ll gain weight.
- If you have a food that you find hard to eat just one serving of, don’t keep it in the house.
- If you’re eating out, order starters or kids meals so you get smaller portion sizes.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner. Your body needs energy all day long.
- Eat a protein, carb, and fat at every meal.
- Eat a veggie and/or fruit at every meal too.
- Add fish, nuts, and seeds into your diet regularly as they are high in protein and fiber.
- Add veggies to your favorite dishes to bulk them up with fiber, but not calories.
- Use herbs and spices instead of condiments to give your foods flavor without adding calories, salt, or sugar.
- Drink lots of water; your body needs to stay hydrated to keep burning calories efficiently.
- Aim for slow weight loss, 1-2 pounds per week. Anything more than that is less likely to stay off for good.
- Stay off the scale on a daily basis. This will just demotivate you as our weight fluctuates often.
- Get enough sleep every night. If you don’t, you’ll find it harder to lose.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.