Muscle Importance of After Workout Meals
Importance of After Workout Muscle Meals
One of the most important parts for building muscle has to be food ! Often after finishing workouts most people seem to forget that your muscles need to be fed and replenished, making sure that all the effort from your hard training session is stored for growth is essential. Muscles can only grow when they are actively used, when a muscle is not used it becomes smaller.
Protein is not stored as muscle but is located in our cells, in order for you to gain muscle growth you have to intake protein. Like the building a house you need bricks, protein delivers the building blocks for our muscle house to develop.
In order for you muscle to store muscle you need to eat within 2 hours of finishing your workout. This meal should to be rich in protein as this will make sure that all muscles are replenished and all the hard work is kept in the body.
Sources of protein post workout ;
- 1-2 portions of fruit with a glass of whole milk
- 1-2 cups of live yoghurt
- A sandwich, Jacket potato or rice cakes filled with egg , tuna, chicken, peanut butter, baked beans and cottage cheese
- Salad topped with chicken, cottage cheese or tuna
- A bowl of wholegrain cereal & whole
- Homemade milk shake (milk with fruit) or smoothie
- A handful of chopped nuts and dried fruit
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.