If you follow the health and wellness field at all, then you likely already know that spirulina, also known as blue-green algae, is very good for you. It is used to help your body meet its nutritional requirements in regard to protein, vitamin B, magnesium, and iron, while also removing the substances it doesn’t need as it is known for its detoxifying qualities. Additionally, it has been suggested that spirulina has the ability to speed up weight loss, ease stress and fatigue, and boost the function of your immune system.
So, how can you get more of this one powerful and extremely healthy nutrient in your daily diet? Since you don’t really want to cook it as it will lose a majority of its nutrition if you do, here are 10 interesting heat-free options to consider:
- Add it to your protein smoothie or green drink.
- Put this blue-green algae into your glass of vegetable or fruit juice.
- Stir it into your dips, condiments, and sauces.
- Mix it into your favorite salad dressing.
- Put it in no-bake snacks, reducing your need to feel guilty when eating them.
- Make homemade granola bars with spirulina in them.
- Using a double boiler, lightly warm dark chocolate and add the spirulina to it before putting it into the freezer and turning it into yummy, even more nutritious squares of goodness.
- Sprinkle it on top of your salad.
- Top your nightly bowl of popcorn with it.
- Stir it into your pasta to add a touch of protein to this high-carbohydrate meal.
For more spirulina recipes, you may want to read the e-book written by Courtney Pool, also known as the “Spirulina Junkie,” called The Spirulina Recipes Ebook. It is loaded with many more tasty ways to get this one key nutrient in your daily diet for better health!