10 Important Health Benefits of Avocado
When it comes to eating a healthy diet, consuming a lot of fruits and veggies is often the key. Loaded with a variety of vitamins and minerals, each one has something to offer when it comes to achieving higher levels of nutrition and wellness. Well, avocados (which are a fruit and not a vegetable, by the way) are certainly no exception as they provide a number of different health benefits.
Here are 10 to consider:
- Greater heart health, primarily due to the fact that they have a positive effect on your cholesterol levels
- Lower blood pressure, courtesy of the potassium that avocados contain
- Better vision since their anti-oxidants reduce your risk of major eye-related conditions such as macular degeneration
- Stronger bones thanks largely to avocado’s high vitamin K content
- Enhanced protection against various types of cancer via within avocados
- Healthier pregnancy for women (again, thanks to the folate)
- Happier moods (yes…folate comes to the rescue again, except this time mentally)
- Easier time going to the bathroom due to the amount of fiber they have
- Fewer toxins retained in your body as the fiber helps move them out more quickly (see number 7 if you’re wondering how)
- Reduced risk of obesity since avocados are filling and, therefore, make you want to eat less
Adding these fruit to your diet can help you obtain higher levels of health. So, put them on your salad, add them to your creamy soups, or mash them up with some lime juice and jalapeno for your own homemade guacamole. You can even eat them plain if you’re looking for a snack that will satisfy your hunger yet be good for you at the same time.
How do you like to eat your avocados? Share below so that others can enjoy them the same way!