How to Shred for the Summer: Top Simple Tips
Are you feeling anxious because summer is just ahead, yet you don’t have a body you’d be proud to display in a swimsuit, tank, or shorts? Does this send you searching for ways to lose fat and gain muscle…fast? If so, here are some of the most effective (and simple) tips that can help you shred for the summer:
- Limit your calories, but not too much. If you’re taking in more calories than you need, then it’s time to cut back. However, don’t go crazy with this and try to subsist on just a few crackers a day. Your body does need some nutrients; just make sure they’re the healthy kind.
- Increase your protein intake. Speaking of healthy nutrients, none are more beneficial to burning fat and building muscle than protein. Good options to consider include lean meat, eggs, nuts, and after-workout protein shakes.
- Up your workout intensity. Low intensity exercise is still good for you, but if what you really want is to shred the fat, then it’s time to kick it up a notch or two. Work your body harder and that’s exactly what it will become…harder.
- Incorporate interval training. Interval training (which is when you alternate between high and low intensities within the same workout session) is great in that it provides top-notch results, even though you’re spending less time in the gym.
- Drink up. When you are dehydrated, you feel tired, your metabolism slows, and you tend to eat more as thirst cues are dangerously close to feelings of hunger. Bypass all of this by making sure you stay hydrated. Water is the best choice, but an occasional coffee or tea are good too.
Follow these five simple tips and you’ll enter summer with a body that is firmer, thinner, and more fit!