Wondering about what to eat to stay healthy? Well, there’s a whole lot to choose from. You just need to know where to look.
- Fruits and berries:
These are incredibly tasty and easy to add into any diet as they need little preparation and are best for health.
- Apples are highly rich in vitamin C, fiber, and various antioxidants.
- Bananas are known to be the best potassium source. They are also rich in fiber and vitamin B6.
- Oranges are known for a high content of vitamin C. They also contain antioxidants, fiber, and are incredibly tasty.
- Blueberries are a powerful source of antioxidants along with offering a delicious taste.
- Strawberries are not only nutritious but also contain low contents of carbs and calories. They feature high content of vitamin C, fiber, and manganese.
- Other healthy fruits include grapes, cherries, grapefruit, mango, lemon, melon, pears, peaches, plums, kiwi, and pineapples.
Eggs are highly nutritious foods as they are safe and healthy. They full of protein.
Gently cooked meat is considered among the most nutritious and healthiest food one can eat.
- Lean beef is a powerful source of protein and highly rich in bioavailable iron.
- Chicken breasts are quite low in calories and fat but serve as a highly rich source of protein.
- Lamb is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids as they usually feed on grass.
- Nuts, peanuts, and seeds
In spite of being rich in fats and calories, various studies recommend their role in losing body weight. They are also rich in vitamin E and magnesium.
- Almond is a popular nut. Along with vitamin E and magnesium, it also has antioxidants and fiber. They are beneficial for your metabolic health and to lose weight.
- Coconuts are rich in powerful fatty acids known as medium-chain triglycerides and fiber.
- Walnuts are highly nutritious and loaded with minerals, fiber, and vitamins.
- Peanuts are delicious and packed with various nutrients and antioxidants.
Vegetables are a high source of nutrients!
- Asparagus is rich in vitamin K and low in calories.
- Carrots are loaded with vitamin K, fiber and carotene antioxidants.
- Cucumber is mostly water containing various nutrients including vitamin K. It is also low in calories and carbs.
- Other vegetables include kale, garlic, onion, cauliflower, cabbage, turnip.
- Fish and seafood
Seafood is full of omega-3 fatty acids and iodine. It also has a lot of protein. Seafood helps against dementia, depression and heart disease. Salmon contains a good amount of vitamin D. Other healthy seafood includes sardines, shellfish, trout, and tuna.
Grains are high in carbs and are not suggested for low carbs diet.
- Brown rice is quite nutritious and contains vitamin B, fiber, and magnesium.
- Oats have a lot of beta-glucan fibers.
- Quinoa contains fiber, magnesium and is a powerful source of protein.
Most people eat a lot of bread. But eating too much can lead to weight gain. Ezekiel bread is the healthiest one you can go for. It is prepared from various legumes, organic and sprouted whole grains.
Although legumes contain anti-nutrients that interfere with digestion and absorption, it can be sorted by proper soaking and preparing. They also serve as a pretty cheap source of protein.
- Kidney beans are rich in vitamins, fiber, and minerals.
- Lentils are high in fiber and are a great plant-based protein source.
Full-fat dairy products are great for your health. People eating these products experience a lower risk of type-2 diabetes and obesity.
- Dairy obtained from grass fed cows contain bioactive fatty acids.
- Furthermore, cheese is highly nutritious and incredibly delicious.
- Whole milk is highly rich in vitamins, minerals, animal proteins and fats. It is a powerful source of calcium.
- Yogurt has additional benefits of probiotic bacteria.
Introduce these foods in your life for a better lifestyle.