Benefits of a Swiss Fitness Birthing Ball
If you’re an expectant mother and you’re not currently using a Swiss fitness birthing ball, you are missing out on some really great advantages. This one piece of equipment offers you a number of benefits before, during, and after the birth of your precious bundle of joy, and here are just a few of them:
- Fewer backaches. Even if you use the ball just to sit on versus doing an actual exercise routine, you’re still working your abdominal and lower back muscles to stay upright, giving you a strong and stable core that will help get you through pregnancy with fewer of those troublesome and pesky pregnancy related back pains.
- It can help you change your baby’s position. If your baby’s back is facing your stomach, this also relieves back pain. To get your baby in this more beneficial position, simply sit or squat and lean gently over the birthing ball with your chest on the ball itself, making sure to keep your knees lower than your hips. This may potentially coerce your baby to change their position, giving you some much needed relief.
- You can figure out which labour positions are most comfortable. Before you even step foot in a delivery room, a Swiss fitness birthing ball allows you to try out different positions to see which one will feel best during labour.
- The ball makes labour easier. A large number of birthing centers have balls in them, allowing you to lean forward on it to ease your birthing pains. When contractions first begin, you may also find relief from them by sitting on the ball while your partner massages your lower back
- It will help you get back to your pre-pregnancy shape quicker. The more in shape your midsection is before and during your pregnancy, the easier it will be for your body to return to this shape after you deliver.
These are but a few benefits of a Swiss fitness birthing ball. Whether you’re pregnant, trying, or have just given birth, it can help ease your pains and strengthen your body in a super easy and completely natural way – which is best for you and baby both.