Bulgarian power bags have only been around for a little over a decade, but many fitness professionals (and even some novices) are using them to get and stay in shape. How do you know if investing in one is the right decision for you? Here are 10 “signs” to consider…
- You like functional fitness, preferring to get in shape using the same types of movements you use in everyday life.
- You want a piece of exercise equipment that provides cardiovascular benefits as well as helping you build stronger muscles.
- Your perfect weight to train with is somewhere between 5 and 20 kg as the bags come in these amounts, as well as every 5 kg in between.
- You don’t have a lot of extra money to spend on exercise equipment (you can buy Bulgarian power bags for under £50).
- You have some extra money to spend, but don’t want to spend it on exercise equipment.
- You don’t have a lot of spare space, thus no room for bulky fitness machines.
- You like the idea of using the same piece of exercise equipment to build your upper body, lower body, and core.
- You’re involved in a sport that involves pushing, pulling, twisting, or squatting movements—such as wrestling or mixed martial arts (MMA)—as training with a Bulgarian power bag can help maximize these movements.
- You want more power, more explosiveness, in your movements.
- You like working out with a kettlebell but want to use movements more conducive to a softer, more flexible piece of equipment.
These are just a few signs that investing in a Bulgarian power bag might be a good decision for you. Any that you’d like to add? Feel free to comment below!