Skipping is one for the best exercises that uses all main muscle groups when training.
Jump rope training helps you enhance your cardio fitness as well as increasing the muscles speed reaction. This form of exercise strengthens and tones the body muscles also can be an excellent alternative to warm up before weight training. Skipping as an exercise will help you tone your upper arms and is a common exercise for boxing as it requires rhythmic fast reactions, coordination, with fast footwork skills .
Ideal warm time for skipping is 6 minutes.
For cardiovascular workouts 15-20 minutes.
On average you will burn 4.8 calories per minute. (depending on speed)
Always skip on solid level ground, surfaces to avoid; sand, hills, uneven surfaces.
Guide to skipping
- Keep the rope turning as smoothly as possible using your wrists and forearms.
- Keep your back neutral with your head facing forward.
- Breathe in and out through your nose.
- Push off with your toes.
- Bend your knees and jump only so high as to clear the rope, no higher.
- Land lightly on the balls of your feet.
Skipping improves ; Speed reaction whilst strengthening; chest, glutes ,neck , arms, legs muscle, core and shoulders. Great exercise for correcting posture.