Looking after your health can often feel like a full-time job. If you’re concerned at all about your stats, making sure they fall within the “normal” range, it’s not uncommon to have to search various different websites to give you a complete look at your total body health. Well, not anymore.
Here is the ultimate cheat sheet on health, providing all of the information you need to ensure that you’re in the best health possible.
Having a healthy blood pressure means you have a lower risk of heart attack and stroke. Blood Pressure UK reports that the ideal blood pressure is around 110/70. If it is higher than 120/80, then you have pre-high blood pressure and if it is lower than 90/60, then it is low.
Cholesterol tells you how much fat-like waxy substance is found in your body, putting you at risk of atherosclerosis or heart disease. It is comprised of a bunch of different parts, so here are the major ones as well as their proposed ranges as provided by Heart UK:
- Total cholesterol: 5 mmol/L or less
- Non HDL-cholesterol: 4 mmol/L or less
- LDL-cholesterol: 3 mmol/L or less
- Fasting triglycerides: 2 mmol/L or less
- Non-fasting triglycerides: 4 mmol/L or less
Blood Sugar Levels
Blood sugar or glucose levels can indicate your risk of diabetes or tell if you are currently diabetic. According to Diabetes.co.uk, your blood sugar levels should be 4.0 to 5.9 mmol/L before eating and under 7.8 mmol/L at least 90 minutes after consuming a meal.
Your thyroid is responsible for the proper function of almost every organ in your body, making it critical to total body health. Thyroid UK states that a normal thyroid, which is found by testing your thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) levels, is indicated by a score between 0.1 and 2. Less than that could indicate that your thyroid is over-active and higher than that might signal that it is under-active.
- Tags: body, Body Health, Cardio, Cardio Exercise, Cardio Fitness, core exercise, diet, energy, Equipment, Exercise, Exercises, Fitness, form, habits, Health, healthy, life health, lifestyle, loss weight, Muscle, outdoor, vegan, vitamin, Vitamins, weight loss, weightloss, Wellbeing, women, Workout