Are you considering HIIT workouts, but not sure whether they’re right for you? Well, wonder no more because here are six signs that, if you’re experiencing them, are telling you that these workouts are the best way to go…
- You don’t have a lot of free time to spend in the gym. HIIT workouts are traditionally completed in 20 minutes or less which means that you don’t have to give up a couple of hours each and every day just to get good results.
- You have some extra fat you want to get rid of but don’t want to take forever to do it. HIIT burns more calories than traditional cardio, which means that you’ll be able to lose your excess fat at a faster rate.
- You participate (or wish to participate) in events that require endurance. Research has found that HIIT-style training helps improve endurance levels, making this workout beneficial if you are interested in or training for a marathon, triathlon, or any other long-lasting event.
- You don’t have a lot of money to spend on equipment. One of the best things about getting in shape using HIIT is that you don’t need to spend a fortune on exercise equipment to do it. You can even just use your own bodyweight and maybe some steps and you’ve got everything you need for a truly intense workout session.
- You want to build muscle. Although most people think of HIIT as being more cardio than strength training, the reality is that it helps you not only build your muscle, but it also helps you retain it. Bonus!
- You’re concerned about aging. Did you know that HIIT can raise your production of HGH (human growth hormone) by 450%? This hormone is responsible for helping you age more gracefully as it affects body fat composition and bone density—two factors that become more important the older you get.
What do you say? Are you ready to try HIIT?