When it comes to losing weight and gaining muscle, a lot of different pieces of fitness equipment come to mind. For instance, it is likely you can name a number of options, from a treadmill to free weights, and more. But there is one fitness tool that offers a tremendous amount of benefits and it is often overlooked. What is it? A weighted vest.
When you engage in physical activity with a weighted vest, you are giving your body a number of advantages. Here are just a few:
- Increased calorie burn. Because it takes more energy to move your body around with the additional weight, you’ll burn more calories by engaging in cardio activities while wearing a vest with weights in it. This gets you to your weight loss goal (and you’re your skinny jeans) quicker than ever.
- Maximum muscle gain. Do resistance training exercises that involve the movement of your core, such as push-ups, squats and sit-ups, and you’ll work all of your muscles harder when you are wearing a weighted vest. This means that you’ll have a trim and tone body with more muscle structure in even less time.
- Improved endurance. Training in a weighted vest helps you improve your fortitude when participating in sports, marathons, and other endurance-based events. Just wear it for a little bit of time during each training session to boost your stamina.
- Greater speed. If you engage in a sport that requires speed or speed bursts, then training in weighted vests is a great way to increase both. Plyometrics, or box jumping, with it on is one way to achieve this goal.
- More bone density. Bearing more weight throughout your workout also helps build your bones so that they can withstand more pressure and force, reducing your risk of a break or other skeletal issue.
Train in a weighted vest and enjoy these five benefits immediately!
Do you own one? If so, how do you use yours?