One Often-Overlooked Piece of Exercise Equipment that Offers Many Fitness Benefits
When it comes to losing weight and gaining muscle, a lot of different pieces of fitness equipment come to mind. For instance, it is likely you can name a number of options, from a treadmill to free weights, and more. But there is one fitness tool that offers a tremendous amount of benefits and it is often overlooked. What is it? A weighted vest.
When you engage in physical activity with a weighted vest, you are giving your body a number of advantages. Here are just a few:
- Increased calorie burn. Because it takes more energy to move your body around with the additional weight, you’ll burn more calories by engaging in cardio activities while wearing a vest with weights in it. This gets you to your weight loss goal (and you’re your skinny jeans) quicker than ever.
- Maximum muscle gain. Do resistance training exercises that involve the movement of your core, such as push-ups, squats and sit-ups, and you’ll work all of your muscles harder when you are wearing a weighted vest. This means that you’ll have a trim and tone body with more muscle structure in even less time.
- Improved endurance. Training in a weighted vest helps you improve your fortitude when participating in sports, marathons, and other endurance-based events. Just wear it for a little bit of time during each training session to boost your stamina.
- Greater speed. If you engage in a sport that requires speed or speed bursts, then training in weighted vests is a great way to increase both. Plyometrics, or box jumping, with it on is one way to achieve this goal.
- More bone density. Bearing more weight throughout your workout also helps build your bones so that they can withstand more pressure and force, reducing your risk of a break or other skeletal issue.
Train in a weighted vest and enjoy these five benefits immediately!
Do you own one? If so, how do you use yours?
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.