Best Exercises to Tone and Remove Back Fat
When you look in the mirror, glancing over your body to celebrate the areas that you’ve toned or to find muscles that perhaps need a little more work, do you ever turn entirely around and check out your back? And, if you do, do you see little rolls that you’d like to whittle down so that all that is left is muscles that are clearly defined and not covered up by a layer of fat?
Here are some of the best exercises to help you achieve that goal:
- Plank. The plank is great for every major muscle group in your body, your back included. Just get in a pushup position and lift your upper body onto your forearms while balancing your lower body on your toes. Keep your back as straight as you can, holding this stance for as long as possible.
- Rowing. A great cardio workout that attacks any excess fat you may have on your back is rowing. With every pull, you will be working the muscles in your upper and middle back, trimming them into shape.
- Strength Training Rows. Another type of row that benefits your back is the strength training row. To do it, just bend forward slightly at the hips so your arms are hanging down, and hold a weight in each hand. Slowly, lift your weights up until your elbows are parallel to your shoulders, then release them back to the original position. Do three sets of eight reps.
- Superman. Lie on your stomach with your arms stretched out above your head. In a slow and controlled motion, lift your arms and feet a couple inches off the floor, as if you are Superman flying, and hold this position. This is great for your back as well as for the rest of your body.
- The Bridge. Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Lift your butt into the air so that your back is straight, holding this position for 8-12 seconds before returning to the floor. Do three sets of eight reps.
Do these and watch your back tone up in no time. What exercises do you prefer when it comes to trimming back fat?
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.