Participating in CrossFit Games is an opportunity to test your physical and mental strength. It is also a chance to push your body and mind to see just how far they can both go as this is one of the most fierce competitions in the world.
Due to the grueling events, it takes some real preparation before actually competing. So, if you’re contemplating taking part in this year’s CrossFit Games in an effort to take your fitness to higher levels, here are some things you’ll need to do first:
- Assess Your Current Condition. You can’t get where you want to be physically until you know where you start. This requires assessing both your strengths and weaknesses so you know what areas you already excel in and which ones need additional work. If you’re unsure how to do this, consulting with a personal trainer can help.
- Increase Your Training Schedule. Getting in prime physical condition to compete in CrossFit means spending more time engaged in the movements that will improve your strength and endurance, so be prepared to spend more time at the gym. Also, make sure you train by doing the types of exercises that they are going to test. You can always check out last year’s events to see which ones to include.
- Compete Locally. Competing in local competitions can help motivate you to continue to push yourself for better results. It inspires you to go beyond your physical boundaries and ascend to higher fitness levels. Even if the competitions aren’t CrossFit related, they can still help prepare you by creating a fierce competitor’s mindset.
- Work On Yourself Mentally. Because competing in CrossFit Games is so mental, you don’t want to neglect training your brain too. This means being honest about the thoughts and feelings you’re likely to have after such grueling challenges, as well as finding ways to use them to your advantage.
Do these four things and you’ll give yourself a good start when it comes to competing in CrossFit Games.
Have you ever competed in CrossFit Games? If so, what are some tips you can provide others looking to do the same?
- Tags: Cardio Exercise, Cardio Fitness, circuit training, competition, CrossFit, Exercises, Featured, Fitness, Fitness Health News, Gym, how to, Motivation, Muscle, Power, sport, Sports, stamina, Strength, Team Fitness, Weights, Workouts