There is no doubt that healthier foods often cost more money than some of the less-nutritious options at a supermarket. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune in order to give your body the nutrients it needs to excel. In fact, by adding just a few essential healthy food items to your shopping cart, you will be able to get the most out of your grocery budget.
Here are some to consider:
- Lean meat. Although meat can be slightly higher in cost, the amount of protein that is supplies your body makes it the one food that is worth spending money on thanks to the energy it gives you and the way it keeps you full longer. If possible, buy larger portions and freeze some of it as you can generally get these at reduced prices per ounce.
- Veggies. Most vegetables are fairly low in cost, allowing you to get a variety of different ones without spending a ton of money. Choose between fresh, canned, and frozen and pick the items that are on sale. These make great low-cost and low-calorie additions to most any meal to rather inexpensively bulk up your diet without bulking up your body.
- Fruit. Some fruits can be costly, but grocers like to reduce their price when they are getting close to their ripeness. Look for these bargain finds and pick one or two to enjoy as snacks and sweet desserts.
- Quinoa. Quinoa is a low-cost grain that pairs well with most any main dish. Plus, you can add various seasonings to it to change its flavor according to your taste buds, and that won’t cost much as you will just be using the herbs and spices you already have in your kitchen cupboard.
These are just a few essentials when grocery shopping on a budget. What do you like to add to your food cart when you’re watching your money?
- Tags: body, Body Building, Body Health, cooking at home, food, foods, Power, Session, summer cooking, Supplements, teenager, training, vegetables, Vitamins, Wellbeing, women