Interval training is a wonderful way to get and keep your body in top shape. And while many gyms and fitness clubs offer a variety of interval programs at their facilities, you can also get a great workout using this particular routine at home.
For instance, if you have a treadmill, elliptical, or other piece of cardio equipment, here is a sample session to consider:
- 5 minute warm up at light intensity (5-6 on a scale of 1 to 10)
- 30 seconds at high intensity (8 or 9)
- 2 minutes at low to medium intensity (5-7)
- Keep alternating high and low intensity intervals for 6-8 intervals
- 5 minute cool down at light intensity
Even if you don’t have cardiovascular equipment, you can get the same positive effects by heading outside for a walk/run or even walking or running in place in the comfort of your own living room. In that case, you don’t need any additional equipment other than your athletic shoes, which makes it a great option if you can’t afford equipment or simply don’t have room for it with all of your other household belongings.
Additionally, as you can easily see, you can get a great interval training workout in 25 to 30 minutes and still get stellar results. This frees you up to spend the rest of your day doing things you love instead of having to spend hours at home building the body of your dreams.
Just make sure you follow up your interval training with some high quality protein so that your muscles get the nutrients they need to recover and grow. While a large number of fitness enthusiasts achieve this by taking protein supplements, you can also benefit from eating whole foods high in protein, such as eggs, lean meat, nuts, and seeds.
Got any tips and tricks you use when it comes to interval training at home? Feel free to share them in the comment section below!
- Tags: Bodyweight, Burn Calories, Cardio Exercise, Equipment, Exercise, Exercises, Fitness, food, home, Multi Gym, Resistance, resistance band, resistance band training, Review, Session, skype trainer, sport, Sports, stamina, Strength, strengthening, teenager, training, weight loss, women, Workout, workout plans