There are many ways of loosing weight but it is very difficult to maintain the weight loss. What you need to understand is that if you want to maintain a healthy weight for a long period, all you require is balance.
Make good choice from all kinds of food groups
Your human body requires a lot of essential nutrients to carry out daily activities. The best and easiest way to change your diet is to make smarter healthier choices making sure you obtain all foods for all kind nutrient groups. Keep in mind the following points the next time you go to the supermarket.
- Fruits and vegetables should be on the top of your list, as these are packed full of vitamins and minerals. In order to maintain a healthy weight when you make food with fruits and vegetables, limit the use of sugars and fats.
- Whole grains consist of dietary fibre and the best thing about it is, they keep the stomach full for a very long period of time. Leave pastas and white breads and substitute them with quinoa, brown rice or millet.
- Your body also requires vitamin D and calcium so make sure you purchase yoghurt, low-fat milk and cheese.
- Go to the protein section in the supermarket and make sure you purchase poultry, sea food, lentils, beans and lean beef.
Balance food along with physical activity
Whatever food you consume is only a single part of the energy balance equation. What else you need is some physical activity. Physical activity is extremely important to maintain a healthy weight. If you want to find a healthy balance in your life, you need to inculcate physical activity in your daily routine no matter what.
In order to loose weight, you not only need to cut down on carbs and eat healthy nutritious food but you also need to do 30 minutes of vigorous exercise every day. You must participate in some intense workout sessions either at home or join a gym probably.
If you do not want to do intense workout, you can opt for a 15 to 20 minutes of walking after lunch or any other time of the day that you like. Walking is a great exercise and does not only help in reducing the weight but is a great exercise for peace of mind as well as reduces risks of various diseases.
Try to get maximum amount of nutrition from your daily diet
While fizzy drinks and carbs are extremely tempting, you would not want to compromise your health for such food items. Also, eating smartly does not mean cutting down completely on fizzy drinks and carbs but to eat in portion sizes. Eating in portions make a huge difference and promote healthy weight loss.
If you crave for sweet foods more often, then you can try eating fruits. Fruits are loaded with natural sugars along with a lot of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, as well as dietary fibre. On the other hand, if you are craving to eat savoury then you can try eating nuts, whole grain crackers or even avocado.
These were some of the basic nutritional facts for weight loss that you have to keep in mind. The key point that you have to keep in your mind is moderation as well as to go for portion eating. Portion eating will not only make a big difference but it will also not deprive you of your favourite foods even if they are carbs.
Physical activity is another important element in order to promote weight loss. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you must exercise for 20 to 30 minutes every day.
- Tags: Body Health, diet, Featured, fitness trainer, Health, healthy, life health, lifestyle, Nutrition, weight loss, weightloss, Wellbeing