When it comes to strong arms, bigger is always better! What you need to know is that you cannot get those big arms just like that, you have to EARN them. Well-built arms require a lot of commitment. You have to follow your workout routine with religious zeal. So if you are looking for ways to build muscle mass, look no further. We have some tips and workout routines tried and tested by experts in bodybuilding to up your game. All you need is the 20 minutes per day and the right information.
First, let’s take a look at the basic anatomy of the arm to understand how to get those jaw-dropping arms of steel.
BASIC ANATOMY OF ARM
- UPPER ARM
The upper arm has two main parts:
Biceps are the posterior muscles of the upper arm. They are located between the shoulder and the elbow. Bicep is the most visible muscle in the body and the toughest to build as well. Here is a workout routine to build your biceps.
EXERCISES FOR UPPER ARM
Inclined Bicep Curls
For this exercise, you will be needing:
- Inclined bench.
- Sit on the Inclined with your back leaning against it.
- Hold the dumbbells in your hands and using the force of your biceps, bring them all the way up to the shoulder and then bringing them all the way down to your sides. Make sure to keep your elbows from moving during this motion. This will make sure that the required tension builds up in the bicep. You need to complete 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps of this exercise.
Dumbbell alternate bicep curl
- Stand straight holding a dumbbell in each hand. Remember to keep your elbows by the torso. Your palms should be facing your thighs.
- Without moving your upper arm (use your forearm to lift the weights), twist the palm of your right hand and curl the weight. Exert pressure on your bicep while you exhale.
- Continue to exhale until you pull up the dumbbell up to your shoulder. Take a pause for a second.
- Now slowly begin to lower your arm as you inhale. Do not forget to twist your wrist back to the original position when you bring down the dumbbell. You will need to perform 2 sets with 8 to 10 reps.
Triceps are the anterior muscles of the upper arm located between the shoulder and the elbow. For increasing muscle mass in your triceps, try the following exercises:
Build those Triceps with Diamond Push Ups
You can have strong triceps with diamond push-ups. All you need for this is a smooth floor.
- Place yourself in plank position with your hand placed in the shape of a diamond below your chest.
- Exert pressure on your triceps to lower your body.
- Take a pause for 1 to 2 seconds and then raise up to the original position. Remember to keep your elbows inwards as they bend and straighten. This is a rigorous exercise, so you might want to begin from 20 reps and then bring it up to 30.
The forearm is the lower part of the arm between the elbow and the wrist.
EXERCISE FOR FOREARM
Barbell wrist curls
This exercise is performed while sitting on the bench and holding the barbell.
- Make sure to position your palms upwards while you hold the barbell.
- Place your forearms firmly over your thighs with wrists right above the knees.
- Now curl your wrist upwards and take a pause for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Slowly lower your wrists and repeat. This can be done in 2 sets of 50 reps.
7 Tips for Understanding Speed and Agility Training
You might have heard about speed and agility training...
7 Leg Exercises You Can Do With a Dumbbell
For a lot of people, focusing on their legs can be a bit ...
Top CrossFit 5 AMRAPs and How to make your own
While you might be wondering what AMRAP really is, it i...
Best 10-minute fitness home workouts money can’t buy
Too lazy to go to the gym? Does all that heavy machinery ...