Here are six best core workouts for fitness. These simple basic fitness workouts can be performed at home easily. The basic fitness core workouts are listed below:
- Stomach vacuum
- Dead bugs
Stretching is a simple way to relax body muscles. Stretching is a core workout that helps a lot to relief muscles. Many kinds of core stretches exist which includes the following;
- Lower-back stretch
- Cross leg lower-back stretch
- Side bent
- Cross-over one
Procedures for all are given below;
- Stand up straight.
- Bent down locking your knees and reach your arms down as far as you can.
- Try to touch your toes for up to 1 to 2 seconds.
- Come back to the initial position.
Cross leg lower-back stretch
- Cross your legs while standing and maintain a stable position.
- Repeat the procedure same as above (simple lower-back stretch).
- Attain a position having legs wide open for a stable base.
- Put right hand over the hip and rotate left hand to reach over the head.
- Hold on for 2 seconds having that posture.
- Switch sides and perform the task again.
- Lay on your right side.
- Bent the left knee (making a 90o angle) and bring it to the ground.
- Look at the opposite direction with left arm extended.
- Hold on for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Switch side to perform the same exercise.
Downward-dog is an exercise of yoga. It can also be named as yoga stretch. Yogis practice this exercise in their workout.
- Lay upside down (inverted).
- Lift your upper body up on support of your arms keeping your hips down to the floor.
- Try to look up.
Push-ups are the basic and simple fitness workout. It is a very common abs exercise and easy to perform at home. There is no rocket science to perform push-ups.
- Lay inverted.
- Put both your hands on the floor.
- Come up on your toes and lock your knees.
- Lift your body on the support of toes and hands.
- Continue up and down movement.
Stomach vacuum is a simple looking but hard to perform the exercise. It targets the transversus abdominis muscles. Heavy weight people and sea divers can get a lot of help as this kind of workout help train their breathing and also helps to maintain a posture. You can do this in any position, i.e., sitting, standing, leaning or lying at your back.
- Breathe in or inhale up to 4 to 5 counts through the nose.
- Hold on the breath for a second or two.
- Breathe out or exhale through your mouth (not through the nose).
- Exhale as much air as you can.
- Repeat the procedure.
Dead bugs is a simple abdominal exercise which helps to improve core conditioning and also help in building stability in hips and trunk.
- Lift your hands and legs in the air.
- Make an angle of 90 degrees keeping your legs lifted.
- Extend left leg and right hand slowly and then, restore following the same path.
- Extend the right leg and the left hand slowly and restore.
- Repeat the exercise according to the need.
Clamshell is a simple exercise that creates a tension in the TVA and helps to bring flexibility to glutes. TVA is a weight belt that activates when you pull something hard or lift something heavy. This exercise helps to activate the TVA.
- Lay on your side (right or left) with the arm extended to place your head on it.
- Stack your knees and ankles.
- Bent your knees at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Open from the knee slowly (like shell opens).
- Hold for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Bring down the knee slowly.
- Repeat exercise according to the need.
End of document