Six Best Core Workouts for Fitness at Home
Here are six best core workouts for fitness. These simple basic fitness workouts can be performed at home easily. The basic fitness core workouts are listed below:
- Stomach vacuum
- Dead bugs
Stretching is a simple way to relax body muscles. Stretching is a core workout that helps a lot to relief muscles. Many kinds of core stretches exist which includes the following;
- Lower-back stretch
- Cross leg lower-back stretch
- Side bent
- Cross-over one
Procedures for all are given below;
- Stand up straight.
- Bent down locking your knees and reach your arms down as far as you can.
- Try to touch your toes for up to 1 to 2 seconds.
- Come back to the initial position.
Cross leg lower-back stretch
- Cross your legs while standing and maintain a stable position.
- Repeat the procedure same as above (simple lower-back stretch).
- Attain a position having legs wide open for a stable base.
- Put right hand over the hip and rotate left hand to reach over the head.
- Hold on for 2 seconds having that posture.
- Switch sides and perform the task again.
- Lay on your right side.
- Bent the left knee (making a 90o angle) and bring it to the ground.
- Look at the opposite direction with left arm extended.
- Hold on for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Switch side to perform the same exercise.
Downward-dog is an exercise of yoga. It can also be named as yoga stretch. Yogis practice this exercise in their workout.
- Lay upside down (inverted).
- Lift your upper body up on support of your arms keeping your hips down to the floor.
- Try to look up.
Push-ups are the basic and simple fitness workout. It is a very common abs exercise and easy to perform at home. There is no rocket science to perform push-ups.
- Lay inverted.
- Put both your hands on the floor.
- Come up on your toes and lock your knees.
- Lift your body on the support of toes and hands.
- Continue up and down movement.
Stomach vacuum is a simple looking but hard to perform the exercise. It targets the transversus abdominis muscles. Heavy weight people and sea divers can get a lot of help as this kind of workout help train their breathing and also helps to maintain a posture. You can do this in any position, i.e., sitting, standing, leaning or lying at your back.
- Breathe in or inhale up to 4 to 5 counts through the nose.
- Hold on the breath for a second or two.
- Breathe out or exhale through your mouth (not through the nose).
- Exhale as much air as you can.
- Repeat the procedure.
Dead bugs is a simple abdominal exercise which helps to improve core conditioning and also help in building stability in hips and trunk.
- Lift your hands and legs in the air.
- Make an angle of 90 degrees keeping your legs lifted.
- Extend left leg and right hand slowly and then, restore following the same path.
- Extend the right leg and the left hand slowly and restore.
- Repeat the exercise according to the need.
Clamshell is a simple exercise that creates a tension in the TVA and helps to bring flexibility to glutes. TVA is a weight belt that activates when you pull something hard or lift something heavy. This exercise helps to activate the TVA.
- Lay on your side (right or left) with the arm extended to place your head on it.
- Stack your knees and ankles.
- Bent your knees at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Open from the knee slowly (like shell opens).
- Hold for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Bring down the knee slowly.
- Repeat exercise according to the need.
End of document
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.