10 Important Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the oil that is extracted from the meat of a mature coconut and, as it turns out, it has many different benefits, contrary to what was once thought. In fact, now you can’t hear enough about all of the wonderful things that adding coconut oil to your life can do for you. Here are 10 of them to consider as they are very important to your health and wellness:
- Increased heart health. The lauric acid in coconuts helps lower your blood pressure and cholesterol, both of which are beneficial to your heart.
- Higher weight loss. If your goal is to lose some weight, adding coconut oil to your diet is a great way to do it.
- Improved immunity. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties which can help your body fight off the latest bugs more effectively.
- Better digestion. This particular oil has been found to help your body’s digestive process, even offering relief from issues such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Greater nutrient absorption. The substances in coconut oil help your body absorb more of the vitamins and minerals that are necessary for good health.
- Easier blood sugar control. Adding coconut oil to your diet can make it easier to control your blood sugar.
- Healthy scalp and hair. Rub coconut oil on your scalp and it can relieve dryness, dandruff, and even lice. Put it on your hair and it acts as a moisturizer.
- Healthier teeth. Commonly referred to as “oil pulling,” swishing coconut oil around in your mouth for 5-20 minutes daily can help prevent tooth decay and whiten your teeth.
- More graceful aging. Not only does coconut oil slow the appearance of fine lines, but it also hydrates and smooths your skin, creating a more youthful appearance.
- Enhanced brain function. Coconut oil has been shown to help in the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
What is your favorite way to get coconut oil in your diet? Comment below!
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.