Avocados are known for their pear shape and their hard skin. Cutting an avocado can be quite a hassle, especially because it has a massive seed in between. However, despite all this, avocados happen to be used in various recipes for soups, salads, sandwiches to main courses and even in dessert.
They are famously known as a superfood and are part of a numerous diet.
Avocados can be used in many different ways for different purposes! Let’s see what they are!
Here are some ways to use an avocado:
- You can make smoothies using an avocado. Not only does it taste great but is also beneficial for your health as well. You can even use the seed. Just crush it and blend it with the rest of the ingredients
- Are you interested in gaining weight? Well, then you might want to include avocados in your meal as they happen to have about 200 calories per 100 grams. These fruits are the best way to gain same healthy calories.
- Avocados are a great way to look younger. You can consume them to prevent aging. Furthermore, you can also use the peels on your face.
- You can also use avocados to get rid of bad breath. No one likes to have bad breath. So all you have to do is eat a cube of avocado, and you're mouth will be odorless.
- You can use avocado oil to get beautiful skin. Avocado oil is present in many body lotions and cosmetics. It actually helps to make your skin glow.
- You can treat skin diseases with avocados! Psoriasis and other skin diseases can be treated by using avocado oil. This oil will get rid of the skin irritation, redness and will also reduce pain as well.
- Make ink with avocados! You can use avocados to make ink. Simply crush the seed. On crushing the seed, you will get some milky liquid. This liquid will either turn red or black once it has been exposed to the air. You can then use a brush or a calligraphy pen to use it. Dip it in and start writing.
- You can use avocados to make shampoo. Get three avocados and take the seeds. Wash and dry the seeds and then grate them. Boil the grated seeds. Once boiled let it all cool and then strain it into a jar. When going to the washroom to clean your hair, take out some water from the jar and add at least 2 oz. of natural shampoo in it to wash your hair. You can even store the water in your fridge and use it later.
- Avocados can also be used to make a hair mask as well. Just take a small avocado, mix it with some olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it onto the hair, and then wash it off. Condition your hair, and you're good to go.
- To treat dry skin you can mash avocados and apply it to your skin, or you can make a face mask using honey and avocados. Leave it be for a few minutes and then wash it off for smooth skin.
- You can treat sunburn with avocados. Simply mash up some avocado and apply it to the sunburnt area. You’ll soon start to feel relief.
- You can dye your cloth pink with an avocado! Take the avocado skin, its seed and boil them along with your cloth. Your cloth will turn a light pink. For a darker pink simply use more skin and seeds.
- You can serve lattes in an avocado skin. Simply scoop out the fruit leaving the skin as it is. Prepare your drink and pour it into the skin and there you have it, an avocado skin latte cup to enjoy.
- Take an avocado seed and grate it. Mix it with some olive oil. You can even use vegetable oil as well. Add either lemon juice or some vinegar, and voila you have a wood furniture polish ready to be used!