We have put together some simple recipes for Christmas leftovers. It’s normal to cook too much for food during Christmas. We all enjoy the turkey and stuffing sandwiches ! but how many can we eat ? Often we run out of ideas of what to do with the leftovers from our food festive celebration. Why no try something different this year and give one of the recipes below a go?
Christmas stuffing turkey pie
- 300g cooked turkey
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 100g stuffing
- 50g butter
- 100g flour
- 300ml milk
For the pastry
- 340 g plain flour
- 170 g butter
- First make your pastry using flour and butter place in a food processor and add a little water 10ml -20ml , mix until pastry is formed, add the water to soften it then remove and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the white sauce with butter, melt the butter then add flour until paste is formed, once the flour has absorbed the fat from the butter add the milk or stock slowly, 1/2 cup at a time, add mixed herbs at the end.
- turn on oven 190c.
- add all the vegetables and turkey to the sauce, cook for 10 minutes
- Use the stuffing fill the base of the pie, cover with turkey and vegetable sauce
- Then remove pastry from fridge role out and cover the top of the pie, make sure you use flour when you role the pastry otherwise its going to stick everywhere.
- Once covered brush with egg wash, and place into preheated oven and cook for 40-50 minutes on 175 c.
This a traditional scottish dish, easy to make with roast dinner leftovers, the ingredients can vairey
Veggie or meaty
- 3 kg potatoes or tatties – peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pint of stock – vegetable or beef
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 large onion diced
- One of the following
- 500 g beef mince -raw
- 500 g diced pieces of meat -cooked
- 500 g vegetables-
- Heat a large pan add the oil, place the garlic , bay leaf and onions in and cook until soft – 3mins
- Add the mince, meat or veg to the hot oil and onions, fry for 5 minutes keep on the move
- Add potatoes and over with stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are soft,
- Add a pinch of herbs, salt and pepper
Turkey and broccoli pasta bake
- 500g turkey meat cooked
- 200g Grated cheese
- 4 Large Broccoli florets
- 300ml Chicken stock
- 100ml Milk
- 100g Butter/ Margarine
- 200g Plain flour
- 1 pinch herbs
- half glass white wine
- 1 Pack pasta 500g
- Place the chicken stock on low heat range, cut the stork off the broccoli then cut in half.
- Place the water for the pasta, bring to the boil add little salt and oil then cook the pasta from instructions on package, once cooked remove from heat and run thought with cold water.
- Remove the inner stork of broccoli, place in pan with vegetable oil on medium heat, fry the garlic then add the turkey and season.
- Make the white sauce with butter, melt the butter then add flour until paste is formed, once the flour has absorbed the fat from the butter add the milk or stock slowly, 1/2 cup at a time, add white wine, mixed herbs at the end.
- Combine broccoli and chicken with pasta, white sauceand season well.
- Cover with cheese and place in the pre heated oven at 170 f allow 45 minutes to cook.