Healthy Benefits of Chia Seeds
If your goal is to achieve higher levels of health and wellness, you may be considering adding chia seeds to your daily diet. According to various studies, this is a wise decision to make as chia seeds offer a number of health benefits. Here are just a few of them:
- Enhanced health. Chia seeds are packed with calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphate, among several other good-for-you nutrients that can enhance the health of a variety of your body’s organs and systems. For instance, they can reduce your risk of major issues such as heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- Improved digestive function. One ounce of chia seeds contains roughly 11 grams of fiber, improving your digestive function and potentially easing issues with constipation and diarrhea.
- Easier time losing weight. Thanks to their high fiber content, chia seeds also make it easier for you to lose weight as they can keep you feeling satisfied for longer periods of time.
- More stable blood sugar. That same ounce of chia seeds only contains around one gram of carbohydrates, which helps if you are watching your intake of this particular macronutrient in an effort to stabilize your blood sugar.
- Higher energy levels for during your workouts, and greater muscle recovery after. On the flip side, chia seeds are high in protein, which makes them beneficial to your energy levels necessary to completing your workout, as well as the recovery of your muscles afterword.
- Protection against aging. Antioxidants protect your body against damage caused by free radicals, and chia seeds are loaded with them. This means added protection against aging, and they strengthen your bones too, which is important the older you get.
Add chia seeds to your diet and you will likely enjoy benefits like these. Have you ever tried chia seeds? What benefits have you noticed? Share them below!