There are a number of different health benefits to eating yoghurt. Not only is it a low in fat, low in carbs, and high in protein, but it also contains probiotics, the active ingredients that boost your immune system and keep your digestive tract healthy.
While a number of people just eat their yoghurt straight out of the container, it actually works well in a number of different recipes. Therefore, if you’re looking for ways to incorporate this super-healthy food in your diet more often (and with more variety), here are the best five recipes that all contain yoghurt:
- Chicken with Cucumber-Yoghurt Sauce. This cucumber and yoghurt-based sauce is great when served with chicken and consists of mixing yoghurt, dry milk, ground flaxseed, salt, scallions, and mint. You can also use yoghurt to marinate your chicken before cooking it so it is more moist and flavorful.
- Grilled Fish Tacos. If you’re in the mood for seafood, this yoghurt, lime juice, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, caper, oregano, and cumin dill mixture is great when served on a grilled fish taco.
- Buffalo Yogurt Dip. This dip consists of yoghurt, crumbled blue cheese, parsley, and hot sauce and is great when served with pita chips, veggies, or pretty much anything that you normally serve with a spicier kind of dip.
- Banana Snacking Cake. End your meal with this fairly healthy dessert made out of bananas, yoghurt, cinnamon, and a few other ingredients. You can even top it with frozen yoghurt for even more creamy goodness.
- Peaches and Cream Yoghurt Smoothie. Mix yoghurt with peaches, vanilla extract, and a few other things and you’ll create a smoothie that works great as a meal or a treat. Add protein supplement to it and you’ll even have a great post-workout drink.
What are some of your favorite yoghurt recipes?
- Tags: body, cooking, energy, Featured, Fibre, Health, healthy, healthy recipe, Healthy Recipes, Healthy snacks, Kids health, life health, lifestyle, protein, Questions, Quick comments, recipe, recipes, recovery, sports drinks, summer cooking, vegetables, vegetarian, weight loss, weightloss, winter recipe