5 Most Healthy Foods You Can Eat On Your Lunch Break
Lunch breaks are an important time to reenergise yourself for the rest of the day. Therefore, it is very important to have nutritious, nourishing and healthy food at this time.
Also, with the right lunch, the temptation to keep munching snacks will subside and you will have a healthy and full day ahead. So here are some of the best ideas for lunching so try it, savour it and reboot yourselves!
- Stuffed Sweet Potato
To enjoy this nutritious lunch follow the steps below:
- Preheat oven at 400F
- Bake the sweet potatoes for around 45 minutes
- Use a separate bowl and mix chopped onions, tomato and garlic with black beans, and season it with chilli powder, garlic powder and cumin
- Once baked, cut the sweet potato into two and mash them with a spoon or fork
- Add the mixture to the sweet potatoes and sprinkle lime and be ready to serve yourself a wholesome lunch
To motivate you to make the effort, this lunch is full of Vitamin A and C, fibre, antioxidants and protein.
- Baked Chicken Nuggets with Almond Crust
This healthy alternative to fried chicken can be prepared using the following steps:
- Preheat oven at 375F
- Mix (1/4 cup) almond meal (crushed almonds) and (1 tsp of each) paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder to prepare crust mixture
- Cut (around eight oz) chicken breast into pieces that are two inch thick
- Beat an egg and use it as a coat for all the chicken pieces
- Once chicken is coated in egg, lay it in the crust mix to cover the chicken with it
- Lay down the chicken pieces for baking on a baking sheet and insert in the oven; let it bake for around 20 minutes to half an hour or until done
These chicken nuggets are full of protein and healthy fats, so eat away.
- Vegetable Sandwich
This recipe is not only easy to make but is also totally customisable according to ones taste. So let’s get to it.
- Use two slices of bread that are Gluten free
- Lay down sliced cucumber, tomato and bell pepper on the bread
- Further lay down shredded cabbage, basil leaves, salt, pepper and sprouts
- Season it with olive oil or hummus
You can add or subtract ingredients as you like and you are ready with a lunch rich in protein, and anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Banana Toasts
This simple and very quick recipe holds healing powers to many ailments. You just have to follow three simple steps:
- Toast a bread
- Spread honey and peanut butter and add granola on the toasted bread
- Add pieces of banana on the bread and get ready to give yourself a sweet treat
Other than being extremely easy to prepare, this recipe is full of anti-oxidants, potassium, dietary fibre, proteins, vitamins and minerals. However, you should be careful about the amount of peanut butter as it contains high amount of fats and calories.
Yogurt Parfait with Berries
For an easy, crunchy and healthy low fat yogurt based recipe follow the steps below:
- Use a container (of about 6 ounces of serving) and fill it up to one third with yogurt
- Add one third of berries on the yogurt
- Pour 1 tsp of maple syrup over the berries and add granola to it (carry the granola separately and mix it at the time of having lunch so that it stays fresh)
- You can add ice to it for a cool Parfait
In addition to being extremely easy and light to prepare and eat, yogurt parfait is a great source of calcium, healthy fats and vitamin C.
Enjoy the lunch breaks with these delicious and health-packed recipes and empower and strengthen the rest of your day.