When you put a lot of time and effort into your physical health and wellness, you want skin that looks just as amazing as your body. How do you get it? By ensuring that it has the vitamins and minerals it needs to sparkle and shine.
Here is a list of the best ones to include in your daily skincare regimen:
- Antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your skin cells from ordinary aging as well as diseases like cancer. Beta carotene is a great one to consider and it is found in vegetables like carrots, spinach greens, and Swiss chard.
- Vitamin A. Although best known for helping your eyes stay healthy, vitamin A also offers many advantages for your skin too. It can be found in sweet potatoes, squash, cantaloupe, and red peppers, just to name a few.
- Vitamin C. Get enough of this one vitamin that is found in high concentrations in citrus foods and you’ll help protect your skin from damage caused by spending too much time in the sun. Of course, wearing skin covering, a hat, and sunscreen work well too, so take the time to care for your skin if you’re going to be outside for any length of time.
- Vitamin E. To reduce the amount of wrinkles you have and make your skin more supple, you’ll want to make sure you get enough vitamin E. You’ll find it in a variety of seeds, nuts, leafy greens, fortified cereals, and oils.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Omega 3’s are like your skin’s shield of armor which keeps pollutants and other not-so-good-for-you substances from seeping into your system. They can be found in foods such as salmon, nuts, and eggs.
Take vitamins and minerals such as these and your skin will be as beautiful and healthy on the outside as you are on the inside.