It seems like more and more nowadays, when people want or need more energy, they reach for another energy drink or ask for an extra shot of espresso in their coffee. While these options can certainly put more pep in your step, we’re finding out that they aren’t the greatest for your heart.
The good news is that you can boost your energy without relying on something that could potentially harm you. In fact, certain foods are known to have energy-enhancing effects, making it easier than ever to get through your day, and then some. They do this by supplying just the right amount of vitamins, minerals, and other good-for-you nutrients that keep your body running in top shape.
Here are just a few of them:
- Blueberries. Put these tiny blue sweet fruits on top of your cereal, in your oatmeal, or just grab a handful for an energy filled snack.
- Nuts. The protein in nuts will help you feel more energetic, so eat them in between meals for a satisfying snack or chop them up and put then on top of your salad for a powerful crunch.
- Spinach. Spinach doesn’t weigh you down like some other foods do, making it a great option whether you’re having a salad for a meal or cooking it with some olive oil for a side dish.
- Sweet Potatoes. Because sweet potatoes don’t send your blood sugar on a roller coaster ride like white potatoes, you will get a steady flow of energy after eating them.
- Salmon. High in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, this fish will help keep you going. Make it the star of your meal by cooking a filet, or add it to your salad for an extra energy punch.
Put foods like this in your diet and you’ll feel more energetic. What foods do you like to eat that don’t weigh you down?