The Best Keto Diet Vegan Food List
Keto Diet is a low-carb, high-fat, moderate protein diet prompted for its amazing effects on weight loss and overall health. Although it is often associated with meat foods, opting for this form of eating habits can be adapted in our daily life routine to fit green and leafy plant-based meals that involve a vegan diet.
Vegan diets exclude everything related to animal food, which makes it more difficult to consume low-carb meals. But with proper planning and effort, vegans can reap the benefits of a keto diet too.
Today, we at Fitness Health will explain The Best Keto Diet Vegan Food List, what to eat, and what to avoid on a vegan keto diet. We will discuss diet menus for one week. But first, let us see the details of what a vegan keto diet is.
Vegan Keto Diet - What Does It Mean?
The Vegan Keto Diet is purely low in carbs, low in protein, and high in fat. Typically, carbs are reduced to around 20-50 grams each day and maintain the ketosis process. Ketosis is a metabolic process where your body utilizes fat as fuel instead of glucose that is used to get from high carb intake.
Keto dieting turns your entire body into a fat-burning machine. As this way of eating includes mostly fat, which makes up 75% of your whole consumption, keto dieters are mostly made to consume protein-rich meals and animal products with high-fat. This includes meat, eggs, and high-fat dairy products. But, people who only eat plant-based meals, including vegans, can also follow a keto diet.
Vegans are people who only eat plant-based foods like fruits & vegetables, grains and avoid anything animal-related like meat, dairy, eggs, or poultry. The Keto diet is primarily about reducing carbs and switching to a protein-rich diet, but that doesn't mean that vegans can't perform this method. Vegans can switch to high-fat meals like plants, grains, coconut oil, seeds & nuts, and avocados instead of high-protein meals.
Keto Diet Vegan Food List
When the body doesn't receive enough carbohydrates for energy, it enters a 'Ketosis' state and switches its energy source to already stored body fat. Many people use this diet plan for weight loss with body fat reduction.
Keto dieters typically consume protein-rich food and low carbs to make up for the fat and protein intake for energy. Animal products are high in protein fat and low in carbohydrates. But as for vegans, as they don't consume animal products, they can enter ketosis too by eating plenty of plant-based foods that are high in fat.
Fitness Health experts say that while following a vegan keto diet, make sure you entirely focus on vegan, high-fat, and low-carb, healthy foods. Foods that you must eat during a vegan keto diet are:
- Coconut Products: coconut cream, coconut milk full-fat, unsweetened coconut
- Nuts & Seeds: walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds
- Oils: coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, MCT oil, nut oil
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, leafy greens, zucchini, brussels sprouts
- Nut & Seed Butter: cashew butter, almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower butter
- Full-Fat Dairy Vegan: vegan butter, coconut yoghurt, vegan cream cheese, cashew cheese
- Protein Sources Vegan: tempeh, full-fat tofu
- Avocados: guacamole, whole avocados
- Condiments: fresh herbs, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, lemon juice, spices
- Berries: blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries can be consumed but within limits.
Although the keto diet excludes many food categories that vegans are heavily dependent on, like starchy vegetables and grains, the keto diet can still be followed through proper planning. People who follow the vegan keto diet must get their daily calorie intake from whole, unprocessed foods and avoid high-processed vegan products.
One Week Plan - The Best Keto Diet Vegan Food List
You might be thinking that the Keto Diet is very restrictive; however, you can construct many other meals with vegan-friendly ingredients.
Here is The Best Keto Diet Vegan Food List for one week provided by the expert dieticians at Fitness Health. Following this one-week plan with patience and discipline will definitely help you with weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.
- Breakfast - coconut milk full-fat keto porridge, chia seeds, ground flaxseeds, and unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Lunch - vegetable soup low carb and vegan cream
- Dinner - stir-fried cauliflower rice with tofu
- Breakfast - scrambled tofu with avocado and vegan cheese
- Lunch - Zucchini noodles with vegan cheese and walnut pesto
- Dinner - sliced avocado with vegan walnut chilli and vegan cheese
- Breakfast - coconut milk full-fat with sprinkled sliced almonds Chia pudding
- Lunch - cauliflower soup and creamy coconut
- Dinner - shirataki noodles with vegan alfredo sauce and mushrooms
- Breakfast - coconut yoghurt full fat sprinkled with unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts & seeds
- Lunch - vegetable, tofu, and coconut curry
- Dinner - Cauliflower crust pizza with vegan cheese and non-starchy vegetables
- Breakfast - scrambled tofu with vegan cheese, spinach, and mushrooms
- Lunch - tofu salad, vegetables with avocado dressing
- Dinner - eggplant lasagna prepared with vegan cheese
- Breakfast - keto smoothie vegan with coconut milk full-fat, cocoa powder, vegan protein powder, and almond butter
- Lunch - tofu salad, vegetables with avocado dressing
- Dinner - fried rice with cauliflower
- Breakfast - chia pudding prepared with coconut and almond
- Lunch - tempeh avocado large green salad, pumpkin seeds, non-starchy vegetables with vegan cheese
- Dinner - mac and cheese with vegan cauliflower
As Fitness Health experts have already discussed, a vegan keto diet focuses entirely on low carb intakes, i.e. whole, unprocessed plant products; there are other weight loss plans available too. But the keto diet is the most followed by people as it benefits in reduced heart disease, cholesterol, diabetes, and weight loss.
Moreover, Fitness Health research shows that both the vegan keto diet and the general keto diet may have health benefits, while other studies of the effects of the keto diet are required to determine the effectiveness of this diet plan for the long run.
If you have any questions, you can visit us at Fitness Health and get all your queries related to the Vegan Keto Diet resolved.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.