6 Tasty Ways to Add Pumpkin Seeds to Your Diet
When it comes to foods that are good for you, pumpkin seeds are at the top of the list. A great source of manganese, zinc, vitamin E and fiber, your health will benefit when you eat them regularly. They also contain tryptophan which is a natural mood enhancer, leaving you happy as well as healthy.
So, here are six tasty ways to add them to your diet so that your taste buds are just as satisfied as your body and mind:
• Throw them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 170 degrees for 15-20 minutes to create a crunchy roasted seed that makes a wonderful snack. Spray them with a little bit of olive oil and season them with cayenne pepper if you like a bit of spice or just dust them with a sliver of sea salt for some flavor.
• Add pumpkin seeds to salads for extra fiber, as well as a different taste and texture. Mixed greens topped with pumpkin seeds, raisons, chicken and vinegar and oil dressing are sure to keep your taste buds and your waistline happy.
• Put pumpkin seeds in with your favorite sautéed vegetables and you’ll have a stir fry with a little added nutritional oomph. You can also add sunflower seeds or sliced almonds for even more protein and fiber if you’d like.
• Make oatmeal raison cookies and add pumpkin seeds for another texture and some additional good-for-you nutrients. You can either add them whole or cut them in half if you want smaller pieces.
• Create your own trail mix and add pumpkin seeds to it. They go great with almonds, pretzel rods, and dried fruit.
• Pumpkin seeds are also good in hot cereal or oatmeal. Roast them first if you want some crunch or leave them be and they’ll be a little chewier.
Figure out which options make your palette happy and your body will be happy too. It doesn’t matter how you get these nutritious seeds in your diet; just be sure to get them in.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.