- 2 Cups brown grain rice
- 2 Garlic cloves – crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
- 1 Carrot – peeled and sliced
- 1 Red pepper – diced
- 1 Red onion – peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked chick peas (drained)
- Cook and drain regular rice 1 cup of rice 2 cups of water, drain rice as directed on package
- Add a vegetable oil mixed with sesame oil ( 1/4 cup vegetable oil mixed with 2 tbsp sesame oil)
- Place pan on med heat, allow the pan to get piping hot before adding the garlic, chick peas, onions and vegetables
- Fry for 3 minutes on medium heat, keep on the move. Then add lemon juice and soya source, 1 tbsp of sugar with a pinch salt and pepper. Make sure the vegetables don’t burn..
- Add the brown rice and fry for 4-5 minutes making sure that you heat the rice thoroughly before serving. Add fresh herbs at the end making sure you get all the taste.
Brown rice is one of the healthiest rice’s, also cooking your vegetables the Asian way is nutritional the best and healthiest method, reason ; because you keep most of the goodness locked away inside the vegetables when you frying them.
This recipe has a high content of protein, carbohydrates, free from wheat and meat.