Red onion, tomato, mushroom and cheddar omelette recipe
This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and wheat free. Ideal post workout meal packed with protein. Recipes below serves one large portion.
- 1 Red onion finely – sliced
- 6 button mushrooms - sliced
- 3 Spring onions – chopped
- 2 Tomatoes – chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen peas
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 3 Eggs broken and mixed with pinch salt & pepper
- Handful cheddar cheese grated
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
Method – Important use a not stick pan for this recipe
- Add oil to large pan and place on high heat , once oil is hot add red onions and mushrooms
- Shallow fry for 3 minutes until soft , then add lemon juice, dissolve into vegetables this takes about a minute
- Add beaten eggs and stir into mix make sure cover all the pan by lifting and circling the pan making sure the egg gets into all the gaps turn the heat down to medium and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add cheese on top omelette then place under the grill for 3 minutes to cook top side, remove from grill add fresh thyme place on to a plate and serve.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.