This pumpkin soup recipe is ideal winter warmer, vegetarian and gluten free. The most important thing to remember whilst preperaing the pumpkin is to try and keep them the same size when dicing.
- 1 Large Pumpkin (skinned & diced)
- 1 large onion
- 20 ml Olive oil
- 2 litres Vegetable stock
- 10g Ginger fresh (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds (toasted & ground)
- Seasoning pinch of each (salt &pepper)
- 20 ml Cream
- Place large pan on medium heat add olive oil, sweat ginger and onions in olive oil for 2 minutes then pour the stock into the pan and add pumpkin
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until pumpkin is tender
- Remove from heat and add cream all the toasted spices, then blend together making sure all the pumpkin and chickpeas are liquidated.