Homemade salsa recipe made easy.
No special cookery skills are required for this salsa recipe.
With these simple seven ingredients you can make a healthy dip in minutes.
- Chili – 1 small red
- Tomatoes – 4 fresh large chopped
- Onions – 1 medium white or shallot
- Garlic – 2 cloves crushed
- Coriander – handful fresh
- Lime juice – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- First finely chop the chili, onions, garlic and coriander.
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl add some salt and pepper then toss in chili, garlic and onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. It’s important to leave the salsa marinade for an hour or so, this will allow the flavours to infuse and soften the onions.
- You can add extra chili to make the salsa hotter, but remember you can always add but never take away!
- Taste your salsa making sure the balance is correct.