Roast Beef Recipe
I often cook the Beef on top of the vegetable to ensure all the flavour from the juices of the beef is kept, also adds extra aroma to the stock, all the juices left in the tray are then used for the sauce. Roast beef is a great source of main protein packed with energy and nutrients.
First its important to sear and seal the beef joint. Always make sure your pan is piping hot before sealing the meat, this will make sure that all the taste is locked into the meat and doesn’t dissolve in the pan or oven.
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- one whole chicken
- herbs seasoning- rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 8 potatoes ( pealed and chopped)
- Peel potatoes and chop into quarters
- Place potatoes into roasting tray and place with oil and season. Place in the oven on high heat 220c for 20 minutes.
- Then sear the beef joint for about 1-2 minutes each side, place on top of the potatoes.
- Place into preheated oven 220c for 15- 20 minutes
Always rest the meat at room temp for a minimum 3 minutes.
- With a small sauce pan make 1 litre of beef stock also add juices from roast
- mix together flour and water 100ml flour 50g flour
- add 3 tbsp tomato puree and 2 pinches of tarragon (or any dry herb)
- use 3 tbsp soy sauce to make the gravy darker
- add salt and pepper for taste