- 250 grams Fresh mince beef
- 2 Garlic cloves – chopped
- 2 Large onions – diced
- 1 Carrot – peeled and grated
- ¼ Fresh Chili – de-seeded and chopped
- 1 Courgette – diced
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herb
- White wine 50ml
- 2 Tablespoons tomato Puree
- 1 tin tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
First prep all the vegetables, and place a pan of boiling salted water on heat to cook the pasta – 4 minutes
1.Place pan on medium heat. Add oil into pan and leave on heat for 1 minute, once hot add garlic & chili cook for a further minute then add all the onions. Add white wine and simmer until all the liquid has disappeared as soon as the liquid has reduced add the beef mince and tomato puree. Cook meat keep and drain off excess fat. Season well with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
2. Place pasta into boiling water , follow packet instructions
3. After 6-7 minutes all the meat should be cooked and ready for the tomatoes to be added. Open the tin of tomatoes and add them to the beef mixture. Then mixed the grated carrot into sauce and add the courgettes cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove pasta, drain water then add olive oil, this will keep your pasta from sticking. Place to one side and the make the gastric. Gastric will help enhance the tomato taste giving a smoother and sharped taste.
5.Once cooked for 5 minutes remove and place small pan onto heat, add vinger and sugar and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes until thick syrup is achieved. Add the gastric to the tomato sauce. Taste to check seasoning(salt, pepper and mixed herbs) add more seasoning if need. Finish with fresh chopped basil
Total time 20 minutes