Using a large frying pan or wok is the ideal way for cooking stir fried rice
- 200g Long grain rice
- 2 Garlic cloves – crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
- 3 Free range eggs-
- 1 Carrot – peeled and diced
- 1 Red pepper – diced
- 1 Onion – peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- Handful lambs lettuce or spinach fresh.
- Cook and drain regular rice 1 cup of rice 2 cups of water, drain rice as directed on package
- Add a vegetable oil mixed with sesame oil ( 1/4 cup vegetable oil mixed with 2 tbsp sesame oil)
- Place pan on med heat, allow the pan to get piping hot before adding the garlic onions and vegetables
- Fry for 3 minutes on medium heat, keep on the move. Then add lemon juice and soya source, 1 tbsp of sugar with a pinch salt and pepper. Make sure the vegetables don’t burn..
- Add the rice and fry for 4-5 minutes making sure that you heat the rice thoroughly before serving. Add fresh herbs at the end making sure you get all the taste.
Cooking your vegetables the Asian way is nutritional the best and healthiest method. This is because you keep most of the goodness locked away inside the vegetables when you frying them. Comparing frying to steaming or boiling vegetables may be strange, the process of cooking is easy and it’s good to know what methods can reduce the nutrients and nutrition when cooking. Over cooking will deliver little goodness as all the nutrients will of dissolved in the heat. Keeping all the goodness vegetables vitamins and minerals is easy, just wash,chop and fry in a little vegetable oil.