Cheese and Onion Tart Quiche Recipe
Recipe for pastry.
- 480g Flour
- 250g butter
- 30 ml water
- Place flour and butter into food processor and blend together 2 minutes
- Keep adding water a little at a time until dough is made, you can use more water if needed; remember to add a little at a time, the flour will absorb the water when mixing. Different flours need different water levels. 2 minutes
- Once dough has formed a nice and easy to use, remove from blender and place in cling film and refrigerate for 20 mins. Move to preparing filling.
- 1 Courgette – grated or diced
- 2 Onions finely sliced
- 150g grated cheese,
- 3 tbsp thick cream / cottage cheese healthier option.
- 3 eggs whole raw.
- 1/2 cup mushrooms – sliced
- Turn oven on 150c.
- Take pastry out and roll tart base, you can use a large tart dish or individual if needed, make sure the inside is lightly greased before rolling and shaping pastry. Roll, and cut to size using a little flour on the bench and rolling pin.
- Blind bake for 5 minutes ( cook without filling) on 150c, then take out of oven and place filling inside.
- First the vegetables, then cheese finish with eggs and cream then mix all together.
- Once tart is ready, place inside oven and bake for a further 20 minutes on 180 c.