The amazing combination of healthy rice with raw foods like vegetables, fish or meat can deliver the finest nutrients faster to our digestive system. Recent studies have found that nori (Japanese seaweed paper) is amazing food source for weight loss.
- Nori paper, is made of shredded seaweed it holds about 1/3 protein and 1/3 dietary fibre.
- Also Nori contains high levels of the Vitamin A, vitamin C and contains no fat content.
- Its high in Omega 3 and can help lower cholesterol.
How to make homemade sushi.
All the produce below is easily found in your local Asian Supermarket.
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tube wasabi
- 1 pack pickled ginger slices
- 6 sheets of seaweed paper
peel all the vegetables below and slice into sticks.
- 1 carrot
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Avocado
- 1 pepper
- 1 gherkin
- Place the rice in a sive and wash before use, transfer into sauce pan with water and place on the high heat. 5-10mins depending on the rice.
- prepare all the vegetables peel and slice.
- Once rice is cooked remove and transfer into cool mixing bowl add a little rice wine vinegar and splash of sesame oil.
- leave for 10 minutes too cool , using the seaweed sheets lay them out place the rice on top and spread. Then place your filling’s in the center and roll the sushi tight.
Recipe for Salmon
- 100g Fresh Salmon
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 20 ml Soy sauce
- 5 ml Rice wine vinegar
- pinch Sesame seeds
- 10 ml Sesame oil
Idealy served with an asian salad
Leek, cabbage and coriander storks in sesame and sugar dressing.