Thai Fish Cake Recipe
Thai Fish Cakes
- 300g Fish cooked
- 3 White Onions finely diced
- 2 Garlic cloves Puree
- 1 Ginger small knob Puree
- 7 Potatoes peeled
- 50ml Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs Fish sauce
- 2 tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 Chillies seeded and chopped
- 1/4 Sesame seeds
- 1 handful chopped Fresh Coriander
- Peel potatoes and place in boiling salted water, cook until soft
- Whilst potatoes are cooking, place a frying pan on heat add little oil, fry chili, garlic, ginger and onions together for 2 minutes then cover with fish sauce and rice wine vinegar and reduce on high heat for 4 minutes until all vinegar has disappeared and the onions are moist.
- Add cooked fish, onions, soy, sesame seeds with a little salt and pepper
- Once potatoes are ready remove from water and drain, add potato to the fish mixture with some fresh chopped coriander.
- Once all the mixture has been well mixed place in the fridge over night, this will allow time for the potato to sake up flavour and moister from the mix.
For cooking shallow fry in a pan of hot oil for 2 minutes each side then place the cakes in the oven gas mark 8 or 220c for 10 minutes. Serve with fresh salad, slice lemon and Asian sweet chili dip.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.