Fish cake dill and mustard recipe
- 300g Fish cooked
- 3 White Onions finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves Puree
- 3 Bay leaves
- 50ml White wine vinegar
- 6 large Potatoes Cooked peeled
- 1 tbsp Capers Chopped
- 1/4 Cup whole grain mustard
- Fresh dill 1 handful chopped
- Peel potatoes and place in boiling salted water, cook until soft
- Whilst potatoes are cooking, place a frying pan on heat add little oil, fry garlic ,onions and bay leafs together for 2 minutes then cover with white wine vinegar and reduce on high heat for 4 minutes until all vinegar has disappeared and the onions are moist.
- Add cooked fish, onions, mustard, capers then salt and pepper – remember remove bay leaves
- Once potatoes are ready remove from water and drain, add potato to the fish mixture with some fresh chopped dill.
- Once all the mixture has been well mixed place in the fridge over night, this will allow time for the potato to sake up flavour and moister from the mix.
Once the cake mix has rested for the night shape them into small fish cake size then drizzle with a little oil and place in the oven 200 c, cook for 8 minutes until brown.
Serve with salad, dips, chips or bread.