Porridge is one of the healthiest sports breakfast choices around. Porridge helps by being super cheap and super easy to make. This is a breakfast made for champions, ideally eaten 2 -3 hours before any long distance event such like triathlon , decathlon or marathon. Thanks to the low GI content, oats slowly release into our energy system allowing us to exercise harder for longer. Porridge can help you compete better in races and will be sure to load your muscles with energy for a longer period.
- 150g Oats
- 75 ml Milk
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp strawberry compote
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 1 Apple – cored and chopped
- place pan of water on the medium heat add milk and bring to the boil
- Add oats, salt and sugar and keep stirring for 2 minutes, as the oats heat up the fluid with reduce
- When the porridge starts to bubble remove from heat and add cinnamon and apple. leave to stand for 1-2 minutes so it cools a little . Then serve hot.