Cannellini Beans are white Italian beans ideal for salads or a great accompaniment for a main courses . These beans are not only tasty but also healthy as they are part of the pulse family. Cannellini beans can help low in cholesterol & fat and are a great source of Iron, containing double the amount of Iron as beef.
Canneillini beans are more commonly found dried. If you leave the 1 cup of beans over night to soak in 3 cups of water they should be ready the next day. Normally takes 12-24 hours for them to regenerate. Then cook them for 20 minutes the next day.
Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe
- 300g Cannellini Beans
- 6 cloves Garlic (3 roasted)
- 50ml Olive oil
- 5 Bay leaves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 shallots diced
- Place sauce pan with water on heat with beans, wash before use.
- Cook beans in hot salted water for 1 ½ hours and then simmer for 1 hour
- Then separated and wash through well with cold water, place olive oil in pan with bay leaves and thyme.
- When oil is hot add shallots, cannellini beans and roasted garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, pinch in each.